Thursday, September 15, 2011

Working in a completely new domain - Games

Thanks to the recent release of CryEngine 3 SDK for free , being a big fan of Crysis 2 ,I got inspired to start working on games and have started some research on how to develop games and then came across another game engine which apparently has been around for quite sometime the Unreal Engine whose sdk (UDK) has been available free to download. Working on CryEngine sdk was tough and I guess really experienced developers would find it easier, but I don't think it will help for a beginner gamer like me. So I tried the UDK and its much more straightforward as compared to the CryEngine. As of now , within a span of 2 days , I was able to make a level map consisting of 3 rooms connected by 2 hallways and add a few animations(door opening/closing) and also add lighting. I will be posting more screenshots and teasers as well in the coming future on the official website for my gaming projects (S.C.A.R.E.D. is actually a codename to the entire project which is much bigger than anyone can imagine but at the moment , I lack the resources and manpower so I'm working on smaller games so that I get more experience in the field of game development) My Game Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment